A must when visiting Narrows River Park in Council Bluffs is a picture in the giant adirondak chairs! There are two that are perfect for family photo ops.
From there you can stroll over to the covered Missouri Overlook Shelter with a gorgeous view of the might Missouri river. Plenty of planes taking off from Eppley make this a great spot for airplane fanatics as well. With a boat ramp at the park, you'll be able to watch some boaters and fishers, too.
When you're ready to play, this 36 acre park includes horseshoe pits, an archery range, table with checkerboard, playground, and volleyball net. All of which have views of the river. After playing, there are plenty of picnic tables to enjoy lunch or dinner at.
There are restrooms at Narrows River Park that have been renovated in the last few years.
I did not notice a drinking fountain but there was a water spout, as well as a marker for the 2011 flood line at Narrows.
Information about Narrows River Park in Council Bluffs
- The park is closed November through March.
- Regular Park Hours are daylight hours from sunrise to sunset.
- Park Admission is $2.00 per vehicle per day or $10.00 annual permit.
- Park Address is 2500 North 25th Street Council Bluffs
- To get to the park take I-29 to exit #55, go north on 25th Street to River Road and follow the signs.